Jackie presented our study for 3D printed TEVG: “Location of Tissue Engineered Vascular Grafts Affects Wall Shear Stress in Porcine Models” at AATS on 5/16/22. Great job!
Congratulations for graduation, Olivia, Anya, Euginia, Katherine!
They are the first undergraduates joined to the lab after moving to Chicago. Thank you for all great work and Best wishes for bright future!
Thank you for great update of home page, Amatullah! This comment page has not been updated for almost one year…
Main events in the lab 2021-2022
- NASA vascular tissue challenge – finalist!
- Isaree went to Emory medical school (MD/PhD) last year. With all her hard work, she was accepted by multiple MD/PhD program in the country!
- Hide joined in the lab on Oct 2021. He quickly learned all lab skills and animal surgery.
- Tatsuya joined in the lab on Sep 2021. He will move to Columbus OH from summer. Thank you for great work in short time!
- Tyler spent almost one year as a research assistant. He made great contribution after NASA VTC. Congratulations for presentation at AHA and award at Huggins Dept surgery meeting! He moved to new career at Boston Scientific!
- Talented first undergraduate students – Katherine, Eugenia, Olivia, Anya will graduate this year! They were the first group of students when the lab was moved to Chicago. Thank you for all great work!
Hiro left lab at the end of June and moved to Tronto to have further training for cardiac surgery. He joined when the lab was at Johns Hopkins, and then moved to Chicago together. He helped the lab very well and contributed a lot during tough time of lab transition and COVID restriction. Good luck for your next career!
Jason graduated our lab to work at the company in China. His contribution in one year was huge for our lab. Using his skill and knowledge that he learned during PhD training, he established tissue perfusion system. He brought our 3D cardiac tissue engineering research into next level. Good luck for your new exciting endeavor!